Singapore Tourist and Visitor: Meet Wireless@SG, Singapore's FREE WiFi
Simply, high-speed FREE hotspot and internet which enabled connectivity lifestyle amongst the locals, tourists, and visitors in Singapore
So being in the a country for the first time or simply you're too busy to grab one of the local sim cards, perhaps you forgot to activate your roaming. Well Singapore got you covered with your internet connectivity problem. How, well Singapore covers every inch, literally almost, of the island with public WiFi. And yes, don't be alarmed, although some of the accounts come with a premium cost, the fun part is it has a FREE one - with negligible limits or restrictions, so to say.
Briefly, Wireless@SG provides free WiFi in public venues and areas in Singapore e.g., cafes, restaurants, shopping malls, airports, and libraries.
Before we move on to the steps, we highly recommend that you bookmark the Wireless@SG hotspots below.
Wireless@SG hotspot locations: https://www.insingapura.com/wifi/hotspot/list/
How to avail Wireless@SG free internet?
The steps are straightforward and simple. We recommend using a laptop (for first time Wireless@SG users) so it would be easy, generally, for you to navigate.
1. Connect to the Wireless@SG SSID (a geek word for WiFi or hotspot name) called "Wireless@SG" - no WiFi password required (there is the proper authentication, just continue reading through). Also, please do not connect to "Wireless@SGX" as it is the premium access.
2. Open a browser, and type in a URL, like one of your fav news websites.
3. You'll be prompted with the sign-in page, simply provide your mobile number and verification code (this is shown in the screen).
4. You'll receive a One-Time PIN (OTP) through the mobile number you registered.
5. Key in the OTP and VOILA FREE internet.